Eligibility & Guidelines
1. Literary Folio Theme: “After the Lockdown: Braving New Paths”
or “Matapos ang Lockdown: Panibagong Pagsulong”
2. Only the following are qualified to submit entries to the folio/ competition: students, faculty, REPS, and admin staff of the UP Law Complex. Alumni are excluded.
3. The folio will be a competition in the following categories:
A. Creative Writing
- essay, blog, prose, freestyle prose – English
- essay, blog, prose, freestyle prose – Filipino
- poetry – English
- poetry – Filipino
- short story, fiction, flash fiction, creative non-fiction – English
- short story, fiction, flash fiction, creative non-fiction – Filipino
B. Visual Art
- painting/sketch/drawing without use of photography or digital graphic design
- photography or computer graphic art or a combination of any 2D visual art
Note: Animations, sounds, videos, performances, and all creative works that cannot be reproduced in printed form are excluded.
C. Special Category for NON-ACADEMIC STAFF
- All entries (creative writing or visual art works) submitted by NON-ACADEMIC STAFF will be grouped and judged in this special category. (This special category is sponsored by UP Law Class ‘82).
4. Competition rules:
- All entries must be original creations and should not have been published before in any traditional or social media publication.
- Entries must be submitted on or before 19 May 2021 (extended deadline) via this online form: https://law.upd.edu.ph/up-law-folio-2021/.Each successful submission must display a confirmation:
- Entrants to the visual art category may be required to submit the physical work upon notice.
- Copyright to all winning entries jointly belong to the UP Law Complex and the authors/artists.
- Any individual or group (co-authors or collaborators) may submit a maximum of two (2) entries only to the competition, i.e., two (2) literary works only; OR, two (2) visual works only; OR, one (1) literary work and one (1) visual work.
- Please complete and submit the form for each entry.
- for creative writing: limited to 3,000 words maximum per entry
- for visual art: in 300 DPI minimum image resolution
6. UP Law will screen all entries before including them in the Preview of Submissions below.
7. UP Law enforces a strict policy against plagiarism and copyright infringement. Plagiarized works submitted shall be immediately or retroactively disqualified.
8. Deadline: All entries must be received online by the extended deadline, 19 May 2021 (Wednesday), 11:59 pm. Please use the entry submission form below.