UP Law extends the deadline of its first-ever literary and visual folio until 19 May 2021
Submissions of entries are now closed. Thank you for participating!
Entries received until 19 May 2021, 11:59pm will be considered by the panel of judges. All submissions will be deemed final and the panel of judges will be convened. For more information, refer to the following memos from the Office of the Dean:
ANNOUNCEMENT OF JUDGES: We are proud to announce the 6 judges who will be selecting winners for the UP Law Literary Folio. The panel is led by experts in media, literary, and visual practice from the University of the Philippines-Diliman, and includes representatives of the UP Law community.
- Dr. Jose Y. Dalisay Jr., Professor, English and Creative Writing; Former Director, UP Institute of Creative Writing
- Atty. Alden Q. Lauzon, Associate Dean for Administration, College of Arts and Letters; Assistant Professor, Department of Art Studies
- Atty. Nicolas B. Pichay, Director of the Legislative Research Service, Senate of the Philippines; Board Member, Philippine Center for International PEN (Poets, Essayists & Novelists)
- Dean Rolando B. Tolentino, Professor, University of the Philippines Film Institute; Director, University of the Philippines Institute of Creative Writing; Former Dean, College of Mass Communication
- Atty. Rizalde F. Laudencia, Representative of UP Law Class ‘82
- Atty. Fina dela Cuesta Tantuico, UP Law Special Assistant to the Dean for Alumni Affairs
SELECTION OF WINNERS: There will be up to 5 finalists per category. The panel of judges will have the prerogative of not awarding a winner.
- Prizes: First place per category — P20,000.00
________Runner-up per category — P10,000.00
- Prizes for Special Category:
The UP Law Class ‘82 is sponsoring a special category for the UP Law Literary Folio, wherein all NON-ACADEMIC STAFF entries will be judged exclusively. This special NON-ACADEMIC STAFF category will have its own winners, as selected by the judges.
________First place — P40,0000.00
________Runners-up (x2) — P30,000.00
“Dito sa UP Law: Many Voices, One Community”, the first-ever literary and visual folio of the UP College of Law will is open to all members of the UP Law Community (i.e. enrolled students and faculty and staff of the College). Entrants may submit their original works, which may be any type of literary or visual work that can be included in a literary folio. Any individual or group may submit a maximum of two (2) entries, which must not have been published previously.
Following the most challenging year in recent history, the proposed theme for the online literary folio is “After the Lockdown: Braving New Paths.” The publication will feature original creations of members of the UP Law Community, reflecting on their experiences during the continuing pandemic—adding a different color to the public’s understanding of the life of law students and practitioners.
Upon publication of the literary folio, special jury awards may also be granted by a panel of judges after evaluation of the entries’ creativity and execution. All creative writing and visual art entries accepted only until the extended deadline: 19 May 2021.
For more information and guidelines for submission of entries, visit: https://law.upd.edu.ph/up-law-folio-2021/