Notice for 2020 LAE Examinees
The Admissions Committee hereby gives notice of the following policies and protocols governing the admission of First Year students to the UP College of Law for the Academic Year 2020-2021.
- The list of LAE passers will be released through email from the Office of the College Secretary no later than 09 June 2020. The cut-off mark for LAE passing will be a composite of the applicant’s LAE rank, the general weighted average obtained in the undergraduate course, certain Affirmative Action Indicators, and other qualifications the Committee may find relevant to assessing the examinee’s academic performance and other potentials as a student of the College of Law.
- There will be no interview process for the Academic Year 2020-2021.
- Applicants whose names appear on the list will be required to undergo a 2-week online preparatory program within the month of July 2020. The program will consist of instruction and interaction on basic study skills; introductory concepts on law; research, reading and writing; distance learning modalities; and, other activities pertaining to ethical and values assessments.
- The preparatory program is primarily intended to assist the passers prepare for the rigors of law education, but will also serve as part of the evaluation process for admission to the College of Law. Accordingly, inclusion in the list is not a guarantee of admission, and the Admissions Committee reserves the right to drop from the list of passers those who in its determination are unable to exhibit the necessary attitude, aptitude, and adaptability to adequately perform in law school.
- The details of the preparatory program will be provided, and all questions related thereto will be addressed, before the end of June 2020.
- Upon application, the College of Law will provide financial and other assistance to economically needful LAE passers to enable them to participate in the preparatory program. These passers shall automatically be considered for the UP Law Scholarship Program that provides qualified students with free tuition, book allowance, and monthly stipends.
Notice is further given that under the tentative Academic Calendar of UP Diliman for the AY 2020-2021, the First Semester opens on 10 September 2020.