Announcement! Philippine Law Journal Volume 97 Student Editorial Board Examination
- The Chair, Vice-Chair, and the eight (8) other members of the Student Editorial Board of the Philippine Law Journal Volume 97 shall be chosen through competitive examination to be given on July 1, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (for on-the-spot legal writing) and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (for on-the-spot editing).
- On or before June 9, 2023 (until 5:00 p.m.), all applicants must send to firstname.lastname@example.org a comprehensive and detailed CV clearly indicating law school academic performance, as well as any relevant past writing, editing, and management experience, and extracurricular activities.
- Applicants must (a) have a GWA of at least 2.30, (b) not have received a grade of “5”, (c) not have received a grade of “DRP” from the second semester of AY 2019-2020 to the second semester of AY 2021-2022, (d) not be under probation, and (e) be of at least second year standing and in residence for the first and second semesters of AY 2023-2024.
- Incoming second year students, i.e., current first year students, may also apply as members but will not be eligible for appointment as the Chair or Vice-Chair. Applicants of this standing must (a) have a GWA of at least 2.00, (b) not have received a grade of “5”, (c) not have dropped a course during AY 2022-2023, and (d) not be under probation.
- By submitting their applications, applicants represent that they possess the competence, qualities, and commitment to complete the publication of Volume 97 of the Philippine Law Journal within the incoming academic year. The Examination Committee retains discretion to disqualify applicants for lack of fitness to perform the duties of a member of the Student Editorial Board.
- All requirements on item 3 are continuing qualifications for membership, even for those initially qualified under item 4.
- The essay and editing examinations will be conducted in person in the Diliman and Iloilo City campuses. The Committee shall announce on a later date whether the examinations shall be computer-based or handwritten.
PLJ Volume 97 Student Editorial Board Examination Committee