Please keep this element and section here. Thank you for not deleting this.
Some text/graphic elements below may appear with duplicates. Whenever necessary, please edit both and don’t delete either.
MASTER OF LAWS
MASTER OF LAWS
Applicants to the program leading to Masters of Law (LLM) must:
- Have a prior law degree (Bachelor of Laws LLB, Juris Doctor JD, BCL or equivalent) from any jurisdiction in the world;
- Demonstrated aptitude for law studies in the English language (whether demonstrated through IELTS, TOEFL or analogous evidence of aptitude for English) or have previously pursued law studies conducted in English;
- Strong academic records and/or demonstrated strengths or expertise in legal practice, governmental or intergovernmental counseling work, or are currently teaching or planning to teach law as faculty in their respective jurisdictions.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents upon application:
- Accomplished application form; (updated February 21, 2020)
- Cover letter;
- Transcript from first law degree;
- Transcript from college degree;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- IELTS or TOEFL scores or proof that prior law degree was taught and conducted in English;
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
Submit your application form and related documents (except letters of recommendation, which should be sealed in separate envelopes and submitted separately) in person or through our online form. Applications are due April 30, 2020, at 4:00 PM. After submitting your application, please wait for a notification from us.
To qualify for the Master of Laws (LLM) at UP Law Graduate School, candidates should successfully obtain 18 to 24 credits in a 9-month period of one academic calendar year.
For any further inquiries, please contact our office or send us an email at email@example.com.