Philippine Law Register: The Official Student Publication of the U.P. College of Law Competitive Examination
When: July 28, 2012, Saturday, 9:00 a.m. -12:00nn
Where: Soliven Room
Interested Applicants may sign up at the Office of the College Secretary until July 27, Friday, 5:00pm.
Please submit your True Copy of Grades on the day of the Examination.
1. Who may apply?
- Must be a bona fide student of the UP College of Law during his/her application;
- Not on delinquent status in the semester immediately preceding the examination; and
- Not a member of the Law Student Government, the University Student Council, or the Philippine Law Journal
2. How will the examination be conducted?
- The Examination shall be composed of two parts:
- Editorial Writing (English or Filipino) - 50 points
- News Writing (English or Filipino) – 50 points
- The specific topics shall be released on the day of the examination.
- Applicants shall place only their student numbers in the examination sheet.
- The essays shall be submitted in handwritten form.
3. Who shall be appointed?
- The person who scored the highest shall be appointed as the Editor-in-Chief.
- The person who scored second highest shall be appointed as the Associate Editor.
- The rest of the positions of the Editorial Board (News Editor, Features Editor, Sports Editor, Graphics/Layout Editor, and Business Manager) shall be appointed by the Editor-in-Chief.
For this year, the Board of Judges shall be comprised of the following:
- Chairman: Prof. Dante Gatmaytan (Director of the Information and Publication Division of the Law Center)
- Faculty Representative: Prof. Concepcion Jardeleza (Associate Dean)
- Student Representative: Mr. Patrick Carbonell (LSG PRO)
- Law Librarian: Ms. Lily Echiverri
-PLR Examination Committee