ANNOUNCEMENT PHILIPPINE LAW JOURNAL VOLUME 93
UNIVERSITY OF THE PHILIPPINES
COLLEGE OF LAW
PHILIPPINE LAW JOURNAL VOLUME 93
STUDENT EDITORIAL BOARD EXAMINATION
1. The Chair, Vice-Chair, and the eight (8) other members of the Student Editorial Board of the Philippine Law Journal Volume 93 shall be chosen through competitive examination to be given on October 12, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (for on-the-spot legal writing) and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (for on-the-spot editing) at the 4th Floor, U.P. Law Center.
2. All applicants must sign up at the Office of the College Secretary on or before September 21, 2019 (until 5:00 p.m.)and submit a comprehensive and detailed CV clearly indicating law school academic performance, as well as any relevant past writing, editing, and management experience, and extra curricular activities.
3. All applicants must (a) have a GWA of at least 2.30, (b) not have received a grade of “5”, (c) not be under probation, and (d) be of at least second-year standing.
4. By submitting their applications, all applicants represent that they possess the competence, qualities, and commitment to complete the publication of Volume 93 of the Philippine Law Journal within the academic year. The Examination Committee retains discretion to disqualify applicants for lack of fitness to perform the duties of a member of the Student Editorial Board.
5. Excuse slips will be provided to all examinees who have classes on the examination day. Examinees must bring a black pen and, for editing, a red pen. They may also bring food and drinks.
6. The requirements in item no. 3 shall be continuing qualifications for all members of the Student Editorial Board for Volume 93.
7. Current members of the Student Editorial Board (volume 92) will submit, as part of their application, a detailed report of all the their finished and unfinished work, which they will undertake to complete as a condition of their application.
PLJ Volume 93 Student Editorial Board Examination Committee